Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has issued an advisory for COVID-19 testing amid the second wave of the pandemic.
Here are the highlights of the advisory:
- RT-PCR test must not be repeated in any individual who has tested positive once either by RAT or RT-PCR.
- The need for RTPCR test in healthy individuals undertaking inter-state domestic travel may be completely removed to reduce the load on laboratories.
- All asymptomatic individuals understanding essential travel must follow COVID appropriate behavior.
- Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) may be available at all Government and Private healthcare facilities.
- Symptomatic individuals identified negative by RAT should be linked with RTPCR test and in the meantime should follow home isolation.